Thursday, April 30, 2009

Surviving - Stitch by Stitch

My sister convinced me to walk in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure last year. My reluctance was not because it isn't a great cause...it is. It just seemed selfish to raise money for a disease I have. After mastectomy, chemotherapy, radiation and re-construction I am five years out from my diagnosis of Stage III Breast Cancer in March 2004. I have a different perspective now on the Race for the Cure. It is not self serving to advocate for money for breast cancer research and treatment. I have an obligation to do it. I have benefited from state of the art medical care and tremendous support from my family, friends and co-workers. It is hard to know which was more crucial to my healing, but I do know all breast cancer warriors are not as fortunate as I. Join me in making a difference. Go to my race page and donate or join us in the race. Surviving Stitch by Stitch - Knitting and Surviving Stitch by Stitch - Quilting Donate on my race page and post here to be entered into a drawing for a fabulous knitting bag full of yarny goodness or a quilting prize! Each prize is worth approximately $75.00. Just post to the blog and put a K next to your name for the knitting prize and a Q by your name for the quilting prize. Drawing will be on RACE DAY June 16th!

7 comments:

Allie said...

Michiele, where is your race page? Congratulations on reaching the 5 year mark!!

PS Please enter me in your knitting drawing.

TracyB said...

Michiele, You are a warrior and you look gorgeous doing it!

I love the baby quilt! The quilting goes perfect with the design.

Tracy (K)

Allie said...

Michiele, I found it last night.

rporter47 said...

Sure wish I could walk with you and your team, or at least cheer you on! Unfortunately, I will be in Charlotte that day. As much as you know I love knitting goodies, you can leave my name out of the drawing - you give me enough stuff as it is. ;-)

Jenny said...

Wow great postings. I love seeing people's progress. Your courage and determination over the last 5 years is something to be proud of, enjoy the Komen Race in June! Keep up the wonderful blogging!

Maya said...

Hey Michiele--So glad you decided to do the race. I did it last year and I'm thinking about doing it again. And hey, if I happen to win the knitting prize that will be cool!

JackieN said...

Michiele,
I have decided not to walk in the race this year but I have gone onto your race page and made a contribution. Please enter me into your drawing. Good luck in the race and I'll see you on the 20th.
Jackie