Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tour de Fleece 2013 Completed

Today was the final Day of TDF 2013. I participated for the first time and joined two teams; Three Waters Farm and Team Majacraft. It was great fun and if I wasn't totally hooked on spinning before I am now. I spun 24 ounces of natural brown BFL and 8 ounces of hand painted BFL in the Window Dressing color way. I am hoping to knit a sweater and wear it proudly to SAFF in October. I have a lot of baby knitting to do though as we are expecting a grand daughter in December! Tonight I will pull out my wips and determine if I want to finish them first before casting on anything new. The natural bfl will need to be plied but I am giving my spinning muscles a break. If only spinning were more aerobic!


Today was very odd indeed. We headed out at 1:30 to attend a funeral in Sanford that was scheduled for 4pm. At 1 and 1/2 hour we had made it less than 30 miles from our house. They had closed I-40 at exit 180. We didn't make it to the detour and were stuck at mile 176. We did a U-turn and got on Hwy 158. Smooth sailing for about five miles and then guess what? We got into the detoured traffic and sat for 30 minutes with no movement. By this time we texted our family and told them there was no way we would make it. We were literally all dressed up with nowhere to go. We turned around and headed back to Statesville, saw a movie and went out to eat. A very strange quasi-date.

No comments: