Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival


I talked my dear husband into traveling to Berryville, Virginia for the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival.  We left Statesville at 7 am and arrived at 12:30 pm.  It was a beautiful drive through the Shenandoah Valley and the festival was great fun.  It was smaller than SAFF but had all the required elements; fiber animals, yarn, fiber, pottery, woodworkers and good food.



This is Eli, the emu.  Technically not a fiber animal but cute.
This is Ichabod, a Jacob ram who escaped the night before the festival and had a run in with security.

A judge inspects locks at a cashmere competition. 

  These are the cashmere goats, all lined up for judging.
 
This is Junior, a Bactrian camel.  I fell in love with him!
 
 
Next post, I will show you my purchases and rave about the boy scouts and cobbler!

No comments: