Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome 2015

Happy. New Year!  Reflecting back on 2014, I was not terribly productive knitting wise.  I continue to be distracted by other craft enticements, sewing, dyeing etc...  There is nothing wrong with that but I really would like to focus on knitting and spinning in 2015.  To that end, I spent much of today preparing 12 sock kits.  It was tedious to divide the yarn and wind each skein into two cakes but now I am ready. 


I am challenging myself to:
  1.  knit twelve pairs of socks this year, one out of handspun
  2.  knit three projects from Victorian Lace Today
  3. design and knit one lace scarf or shawl 
  4. spin and knit a project from my Jacob fleece
  5. spin and or knit everyday
This blog will be where I document my projects and successes!  My family gifted me some awesome Christmas gifts.
A full set of Signature circular needles.
 

An Offhand Designs knitting bag and Namaste notions box.
This shawl kit from Infinite Twist is so complete it has knitting needles, markers and a colored pencil for tracking your rows.
In addition, there were three sample skeins of the Helix yarn.

In an effort to get organized, I made this frame to contain all my shawl pins.

No comments: