Thursday, August 11, 2011

Smashing Pumpkins

What I am knitting: The sweater is a simple top down raglan. I finally realized that I do not have the bandwidth to knit lace right now and am a little tired of socks. This sweater is definitely mindless. The yarn is Rowan Purelife, an organic naturally dyed wool. This yarn is from stash, from a Ravelry swap. Tried the sweater on the Duchess to check fit. My gauge is 22 stitches instead of the 18 per four inches called for in the pattern. Following directions for the 44 and hoping to get the 42. I am going to use the ribbon for the back of the button band. What I am weaving: Working on tying on a new warp for more tea towels. Only 442 ends to measure, cut and tie on! What I am reading: I love mysteries, especially those written by women. I realized recently that I had never read anything by Agatha Christie. I am about half way through "Murder on the Orient Express".

No comments: