Monday, May 7, 2012

I am the boss of my knitting!

My simple pleasure today is that this was a Monday and I have nothing to complain about.  Work went well and I had an epiphany!  I am the boss of my knitting.  Just because I started something doesn't mean I have to finish it.

Example #1

I hate knitting toe up socks.  Yes I can do it and mastering Judy's Magic Cast On felt good but knitting this has killed my sock mojo!  Yes, sock number one is 90% done but the idea of knitting the second one makes me want to poke my eyes out with double pointed needles.

Example #2

Forget knitting with 100% hemp.  It is scratchy and no fun.

Knitting is supposed to be fun for me.  My family is not banking on fancy socks and hemp spa cloths to survive the frozen tundra.  Both of these are headed to the frog pond.

2 comments:

Allie said...

"Yarn is not the boss of me!"

Bindu said...

The frog pond is nice. You must be the boss of your knitting and blog.
Visiting from NaBloPoMo.