Sunday, August 24, 2014

Anything Fiber Sale

One of my favorite things is the Anything Fiber Sale in Black Mountain.  Every August fiber folks have the opportunity to  buy and sell fiber tools, yarn, fleece and all things fiber.  I vended last year and had fun but this year as a shopper was even better.

These ladies were laying out fleece for prospective buyers to check out.

Maurice checking out the crowd.

Sally, Nora and Maurice taking a break from shopping.  After we left the fiber sale we headed for lunch in Black Mountain.  There was also a stop at the yarn store there.
 
My haul.  The best find for me was a Hanne Falkenberg sweater kit
at an embarrassing low price.
On the way home, Nora and I stopped in Morganton at a new to me yarn store.
  OSuzanna, is at 130West Union Street and is lovely.

Nora visits with Susan McRae the owner

It is a lovely store with weaving, knitting and spinning fiber.

Beautiful stuff.

It is a very well curated space.  I loved seeing Susan's fiber art.
Susan is very warm and welcoming as is her shop.  I will definitely make it a point to stop in when heading west.
 

No comments: